If you can manage the day-to-day of social media with your eyes closed, allowing quality time for strategic and creative thinking, we want to hear from you. If you’ve spent the last three years honing your social media skills and are ready for the challenge of getting into the nitty-gritty of campaign ideation, development and execution, this is the role you’ve been waiting for.
Who are we?
We’re McCann Dublin. Specialists in brand, design and digital content. We’re part of McCann Worldgroup, the most creatively awarded agency network in the world. So we want the best, but not in the way you might think. We want the best team-mate, the best at bringing people together, the best at nurturing, inspiring and collaborating, the best at motivating and at commiserating. We need everyone in the team to be fully accountable, responsible and help their colleagues when they need it (and without it being asked of them each time).
But we believe your family, your friends, your whole life outside work is every bit as important as your life inside work, and if we’ve learned anything this year is that the two are often entwined. And so they should be. We are an Equal Opportunity employer with salary and associated benefits commensurate with experience and benchmarked against industry standards. We’re one of the agencies that started the Great Reset in Ireland, and we value people, profit and planet equally.
Who are you?
You are someone who puts strategy and creativity first – before platform, before media, even before coffee when required! You must be able to create eye-catching and thought-provoking social media campaigns where social media isn’t merely an afterthought.
You want everyone to be as excited as you are about social media. You thrive on educating clients about the benefits that creative social media can bring to their business, whilst getting a thrill out of managing fast-paced campaigns with multiple moving parts.
You should be used to working in a fast-paced and highly-caffeinated office environment. You’ll be so used to working on different tasks, in different voices, for different brands that sometimes you wake up in the morning thinking “Wait, who am I again?” but, thankfully, always switch back to the highly organised, creative person you are within seconds.
You’re a planner. Someone with an attention to detail that’s executed with military precision. You have a global star’s ability to grab attention, a stand-up’s approach to pushing boundaries and a scientist’s insatiable appetite to discover what’s next.
The Senior Social Media Manager will play an important role in the Social Media team and the studio, at McCann Dublin. You’ll work with the Director of Social, Creative Partner, Designers, Project Managers and Media team to make sure that our social response to any client brief, project or pitch is best-in-class and capable of bringing home awards. You will inspire and create a buzz, ensuring social media is worthy of the many accolade’s traditional advertising has grown accustomed to.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Craft creative and inspiring content strategies and calendars for multiple clients. All while nailing tone of voice and playing by the rules for each brand.
- Work with the Director of Social and other creatives in our busy studio, to plan and brief visual content that’ll give the most inspiring OOH and TV a run for its money.
- As someone who is passionate about social, you’ll work closely with the Director of Social and provide experienced input on how social media can be integrated into a campaign from the beginning.
- Be an advocate for creative social media, both in-house and with our clients, and bring a fresh outlook to the table when concepting campaigns.
- Liaise with media teams (internal and external) to schedule and set up paid campaigns.
- Monitor, analyse and report on the performance of content using analytics software and social listening tools, and then use those learnings to make content recommendations.
- Develop post-campaign analysis presentations (PCAs), that people will find just as engaging as the actual campaign.
- Community management. We believe that this goes way beyond responding to comments and customer queries, this is where you can build a community and let your ability to speak in brand voice shine.
- Minimum 3 years+ experience in a social media role in a creative agency.
- A proven track record of developing and managing always-on and campaign based creative social media communications for multiple brands.
- Experience launching community initiatives: setting up social channels for brands, building an audience, populating channels with creative content and crafting newsletters (ones that people actually want to read, not just sign up for to get a discount code!)
- Strong understanding of best practices, across all formats and platforms.
- A passion for creativity, social media and digital trends.
- Driven by results and experienced in using analytics and social listening to create in-depth (yet interesting) reports
- Excellent verbal and written skills. Long-form writing experience is a bonus.
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to manage projects from an internal and client facing perspective.
- Stellar presentation skills.
- The ability to keep up with the rest of the McCann Dublin team.
- Photograph and/or videography skills would definitely help you to catch our eye.
How to apply
To apply for this role please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com quoting REF: Senior Social Media Manager
The closing date for applications is Friday 2nd October 2020 at 5pm.